The Railway Chronicle

The Railway Chronicle is brought to you by www.steamtu.be "Steam Tube" is not responsible for external /third party news items.

Their presence on here does not mean we condone/ agree with any sentiments expressed. Items are included purely for information purposes"

Please note: "Copyrights acknowledged. Please advise if unintentional infringement affects your rights"

January 06, 2012

Eric Thompson - Artist. 6th January 2012

Eric Thompson
I have been painting watercolours now for over 25 years and still love the first touch on handmade paper with a large brush of pure watercolour. For me a set of watercolour paints inspires me to want to produce a beautiful painting.Whether it be an open landscape or a busy street scene, I try to capture the essence and emotions that attracted me to the subject, and transfer that to the paper. Nothing else matters until that picture is finished.
I have had exhibitions in many parts of the UK as well as The Channel Islands where I have regularly sold every one of my watercolours on show. My paintings are in many collections including Tony Blair, Lord Barnard and David Bellamy the naturalist.
My work is now available as Giclée Limited Edition Prints and can be bought from this site or at Bondgate Gallery in Bishop Auckland





Here are a couple of examples.....
..and very reasonably priced, too!


City of Truro

GWR City of Truro on a special.




Silver Link

Passing Bishop Auckland on a winter's day

Steam Railway Paintings by Eric Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your Railway News!